Garden Maintenance Manager for the Seattle Urban Farm Company
The Seattle Urban Farm Company (SUFCo) specializes in designing, installing and maintaining edible landscapes, vegetable gardens, and commercial food production systems in Seattle and its surrounding neighborhoods.
At SUFCo, we manage between 70 and 80 gardens each season and grow many of our own annual vegetable transplants for these projects. Our maintenance program operates out of our main office location in Ballard.
SUFCo is looking to fill one (1) Garden Maintenance Management position. This is a full-time, seasonal position (9 months). Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Duties/Responsibilities: The Maintenance Management Team is responsible for a wide range of tasks relating to the seasonal and weekly management of the maintenance program.
● Management of SUFCo maintenance client information
● Acting as first point of contact with new and existing maintenance clients
● Management of a season-long maintenance schedule
● Acting as point of contact for other garden maintenance staff members
● Managing inventory of all maintenance supplies including seeds, sprays and fertilizers
● Participating in weekly maintenance staff meetings
● Distributing timely and accurate information to maintenance clients and staff throughout the season
● Keeping maintenance office supplies in steady supply (maintenance logs, timesheets, etc)
● Performing garden maintenance visits on a weekly basis
● Managing plant nursery in good working order
Qualifications: Applicants must:
– Have worked 2+ seasons in organic vegetable production
– Be able to perform manual labor and lift 50 lbs on a routine basis throughout a work day
– Have a driver’s license and clean driving record
– Have a working vehicle in good condition (preferably truck) that can be used daily for garden maintenance purposes (mileage will be reimbursed)
– Be comfortable and safe using a variety of power tools
– Be comfortable working outside in the elements
– Be reliable, on-time and able to work efficiently in a self-directed work environment
– Have great record keeping skills
– Have passion for organic food production
– Have in-depth knowledge of organic vegetable gardening
– Have in-depth knowledge of perennial fruit crops
– Have working knowledge of irrigation systems
– Be comfortable communicating with clients in a professional manner on a regular basis
If interested, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org